The Brother site sates that the drivers for the HL-2340DW, HL-L2340DW & HL-2400DW does not work on 10.6.x OSX!
I found an easy way around this, and have it working without issue. This works because the printer is nearly the exact same model on the under lying technology as the older printer drivers.
OSX 10.6 print wireless brother HL-L2340DW, HL-2400DW
Brother customer service may not support this 🙂 BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS PRINT AND NOW MY WIFE IS HAPPY ~!
1. Setup the WI-FI on the printer manually -under the options menu on the actual printer under the network menu (This took 10min to figure out the menu options)
2. Under network – Wi-FI find / Search and select your SSID *select the name of you WI-FI network
3. Enter your pin -password / network key – AGAIN doing all of this on the SMALL lcd screen of the physical printer – pushing up and down on the little buttons to got to each letter, hitting the”OK” button to move to next word.
4. Once complete the printer LCD will say connected ! Click the button to go back to main screen
5. DOWN LOAD the “not so supported driver”
Go to the brother website and select –>link
Select a Product Group: HL series – Model: HL-2270DW
This works since the printer is nearly the exact same model as to its board technology, you are tricking the printer via its driver.
6. Install the downloaded driver
7. In Systems Preferences of OSX – Click the little + button -> add new printer.
Click the IP printer
8. Add the IP Address of the printer you setup.
Select Printer using Driver -> Select “Brother HL-2270DW Series CUPS”
DONE — Print to your new PRINTER!
For advanced users ( I recommended you set your router to have a DHCP exclusion for the IP of the printer)